In order to provide our clients with the highest degree of confidence in our cremation process, Amherst implemented and operates under the following cremation procedures.
1. Our wristband identification is placed on your loved one at the time we arrive to your home, hospital or care facility.
2. The cremation container is labeled with your loved one's full name and our company folio number, then placed in our secure refrigeration facility.
3. Our transfer staff completes the logbook at the facility with full name of your loved one, transfer date & time, driver's name and valuables (if any, such as jewelry, glasses, etc.) that have arrived with your loved one.
4. Our owner then reviews all cremation paperwork and permits to ensure authorizations and permits are received and in good order. Once this step is completed, the crematory checklist is then reviewed and completed.
5. If so wished, the family may witness the start of cremation. The time and date will be discussed at the arrangement meeting. Please note that the body is not prepared for viewing. Therefore, the body may not be viewed before the cremation process.
1. Your loved one is removed from our refrigeration facility, noted in our facility log book, and transferred to the crematory. Log shows date, time of cremation and the crematory operator's name.
2. The crematory checklist is dated, start time noted and signed immediately before and after the cremation takes place.
3. The crematory checklist and numbered identification tag are placed on the control panel of the crematory chamber during the cremation process.
4. After the cremation is completed, the cremated remains are swept out and taken to the processing station and allowed to cool. The crematory checklist and id tag remain with cremated remains at all times.
5. The number on the numbered identification tag and the cremation check list are reviewed and the cremation certificate and label are created prior to the placement of the cremated remains in the urn. Once all the security information has been verified and satisfied, the cremated remains and death certificates will be delivered to you.