Basic Cremation without Service
Amherst Cremation Package
Our Most Popular Package:
Our very own signature cremation package: a simple, dignified, all-inclusive cremation package. This package is a direct cremation without viewing, service nor witnessing of cremation. Includes transfer from hospitals, shelter, registration, cremation fee, taxes and:
- 1 (one) original death certificate, 2 (two) notarized copies, 1 (one) certified copy and 10 photocopies
- Amherst’s exclusive satin-covered cremation container
- 1 (one) Amherst Cherry-finished wood urn
- 5 (five) business days’ turnaround time
- convenient in-person arrangement at your home (we come to you!)
- in-person delivery of the ashes (within BC Lower Mainland)
Amherst Cremation Package
Basic Professional Duties & Services $664.29
Convenient arrangement at your home or office (we come to you and complete all required paperwork for you (or arrange entirely online at your own convenience)
Removal of the deceased from place of passing.
Transfers of the body to our sheltering facility and to our crematorium.
Refrigeration and shelter.
Obtaining all required releases, permits, and death certificates (including registration with Vital Statistics BC).
Expedited delivery of cremated remains and death certificates to you in 5 (five) business days (options for faster delivery available).
Cremation Fee $380
Includes a dignified black satin-covered cremation container (an Amherst's exclusive - a value of $195)
Consumer Protection BC Fee $30
A mandatory fee collected by Consumer Protection BC, the government agency who regulates and oversees BC funeral industry
1 (one) Original BC Death Certificate $27
Included Items & Services (valued at over $850) Included
1 (one) Amherst’s exclusive, dignified, satin-covered cremation container (a value of $195.00)
1 (one) Amherst’s signature cherry-finished wood urn (a value of $70.00)
2 (two) notarized copies of death certificate (a value of $50.00)
Canada Pension Plan & Estate Handling Kit
a Lifetime online memorial (condolence and obituary) page (a value of $150.00)
Removal of implant devices/pacemaker* (a value of up to $95.00)
Afterhours removal from place of passing (evenings & weekends)* (a value of $200.00)
Removal from home, hospice or other non-hospital care facility* (a value of $150.00)
* Please note: where these additional services may be applicable and required for your loved one, our competitors charge these extra fees in addition to their quoted package prices.
Taxes (GST 5%) $53.71
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers about Amherst Cremation Package
Can we add to this package?
- a Simple ID Viewing (a private visitation for up to 5 people) $400
- For witnessing the start of cremation, please see our all-inclusive Witness Cremation Package. This package includes everything Amherst Package includes.
- Upgrade to any urn of your choice – we give $50 urn credit towards any urn upgrade purchased from our urn catalogue which can be found here.
- Upgrade to any casket. We will give $150 credit towards any casket upgrade from our own casket catalogue.
- Rush cremation fee $395 (ashes and death certificate are ready in 2 (two) business days from the availability of all required cremation permits).
- Shipment of cremated remains to any Canadian address outside of our service area (via Expedited Service by Canada Post at flat rate of $80) or to any US address (Canada Post/USPS at a flat rate of $150).
Are there any additional charges to consider?
- Upgrade to an oversize cremation container ($195) is required when body weight is over 220 lbs.
- Death due to Covid-19 (if specified in the Medical Certificate of Death) requires a local cremation to be arranged at an additional cost of $200 (waived for Amherst Cremation Package).
- We serve the entire BC Lower Mainland. Long distance transfer from outside of this service area may be arranged at additional costs (please call us for estimate).
Where do we go to ... ?
- To view/visit my loved one? Simple ID viewings are held at Amherst Mortuary Service Centre in Coquitlam.
- To witness a (scheduled) cremation? Witness cremation can be scheduled at either:
- All of other non-witness cremation are performed at Amherst’s owned/operated crematorium (operated jointly with Safe Harbor Crematorium at 2750D Peace Portal Drive, Blaine, Washington)
- To drop off clothes for viewing, funerals: Please call to schedule or alert us your arrival (to ensure clothes and items are received safely) at 207 West Hastings Street (Suite 1209), Vancouver, BC V6B 1H7. Alternatively, you may arrange to drop-off at our Mortuary Service Centre in Coquitlam, BC.
- To collect ashes, death certificates or other documents: If you choose to not have them delivered to your home, pick up can be arranged at either of our Vancouver or Coquitlam locations above.
- To attend funeral, memorial or graveside services: Each of this event will be held at specific venue. Please contact the family of the decedent to ensure that you are invited to attend the event (as some may be held as private affair for immediate family members only).
What do I need to arrange a cremation ?
- You need to be an executor of the estate, a spouse, child/grandchild or parents of the decedent. If not, you need an written authorization from any of the above who has the highest level of control under the rules of the province.
- A photo IDs (e.g. driver’s license, provincial care card, passport or birth certificate) of the decedent. Your own valid, government-issued photo ID is also required.
- Sign the required authorizing documents. These documents can be completed entirely online.